Corporate VisionPancon's purpose is generating value through responsible exploration.
Pancon aims to be a leading gold explorer and developer, focusing on commodity, geology, location, timing and people:
- Developing Au & Ni-Cu-Co projects near producing or former mines in proven mining districts.
- Projects in low-risk regions in North America with pro-mining local government, communities and excellent infrastructure.
- Technical and management teams with demonstrated record of discoveries, development and value creation in the mining industry.
Why Gold in South Carolina?
The Carolina Slate Belt is a gold-rich strip that runs from Virginia, south through both North and South Carolina and ends up in Georgia.
Numerous rivers and streams throughout this area contain placer gold deposits.
Although most people knew of gold in the US as a result of the California Gold rush, the first gold discovery in the United States was in North Carolina within the Carolina Slate Belt.
- Gold was first discovered in the United States in 1799 in the Little Meadow Creek in Cabarrus County, North Carolina.
- Most of the experienced gold miners who moved to California, during the California Gold rush had honed their skills mining areas along the Carolina Slate belt.
Following the first discovery, several other discoveries were made on the Carolina slate belt and thus developed several gold mines.
Strategically located in the Carolina Slate Belt, the former Brewer Gold Mine and the 100%-owned Jefferson Gold Project are located 15 km from OceanaGold’s producing Haile mine.
Why Battery Metals in Ontario?
As a leading producer of nickel, copper and cobalt, Canada is primed to respond to the growing demand for commodities required in clean energy technologies.
Ni-Cu mines produce Co as by-product. Ontario hosts major Ni-Cu mining camps, i.e. Sudbury, Ontario.
Northern Ontario can be an emerging battery and energy metals district. Ontario’s Montcalm Gabbro Complex is highly prospective and underexplored.
Pancon holds a camp-sized land position in low-risk area with excellent infrastructure and strong social license to operate.